Commercial radio stations around the UK are invited to submit their entries for the 2010 Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards.
The awards are now in their 15th year, and are introducing seven new categories. Closing date is March 5th ready for the ceremony on May 5th in London.
There are 25 awards in total and 7 new categories have been introduced this year:
· Presenter of the Year <300,000 TSA
· Presenter of the Year 300,000 to 1M TSA
· Presenter of the Year 1M + TSA
· Breakfast Show of the Year
· Special Programme of the Year
· Feature(s) of the Year
· Specialist Programme of the Year
5 categories also have new criteria:
· Newcomer(s) of the Year
· Journalist or News Team of the Year
· Marketing Award
· Station Imaging Award
· Lifetime Achievement Award
"Last year’s awards were the best yet and we’re really excited about gearing up for this year’s event," said Andrew Harrison of RadioCentre.
"We have introduced a number of categories to recognise programming achievements and on-air talent judged according to the size of stations which we hope will encourage more stations to take part.”
See [link=http://www.radiocentre.org/]radiocentre.org[/link] for more details.