April 18, 2014

Star Radio Legend announces he was sacked

One of the Three Legends on Star Radio has said on his Facebook page that he has been sacked from the show.

Former Sunderland player Micky Horswill is no longer on the show, and we’ve been told the station is lining up a replacement.

Micky said he had been sacked from the Three Legends by former Newcastle United hero, Malcolm McDonald.

“Sacked by Mal McDonald on three legends for having banter with bert from Hartlepool who along with Bernie and Mal have hi em me stick for years”

Star Radio Managing Director told RadioToday: “We have a contract with The Three Legends Ltd for them to supply a two hour football phone-in every weekday evening. The exact make-up of the three contributors may change over time.

“We have also just recently committed to taking an additional football show from them”.

Micky also wrote on his page: “Just want to thank everyone who listened to legends and supported me even black and whites I had some great times with you all and will miss your banter hope we all have good season regards Micky”

The Three Legends show was historically on Century Radio in the North East but moved to Star Radio after the show was axed in 2012. It airs each weekday 6pm till 8pm.

Posted on Monday, August 19th, 2013 at 11:56 pm by .

Related Posts