BBC Radio 2 Country teams up with Chris Country
One of BBC Radio 2’s annual pop-up stations is coming back on March 9th for four days.
Radio 2 Country will broadcast on DAB alongside the main station, and feature a number of presenters and singers including Bob Harris, Baylen Leonard, Vanessa Feltz, Mark Radcliffe, Susan Calman, Trevor Nelson, Ken Bruce, Patrick Kielty, Simon Mayo, Storme Warren, The Shires and Reba McEntire.
The service is also partnering with DAB station Chris Country this year, which will provide an hour of content featuring the C2C festival, hosted by station founder Chris Stevens.
BBC Radio 2 Country first appeared in 2015 and returned last year to provide added coverage the Country2Country Festival in London.
The schedule will be available shortly but here are a few highlights:
- The Shires’ Country playlist – UK duo Crissie Rhodes and Ben Earle present a show full of their favourite country tracks
- Reba’s Gospel hour – Country Music superstar and headliner of C2C Reba McEntire shares her love of Gospel music
- Baylen Leonard’s All country requests – You choose the music in this two hour live request show
- Ken Bruce – Then and Now – The first and last hits by artists who have spanned the decades – Including Glen Campbell, Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks
- Vanessa Feltz – Vanessa’s Country Gals – Vanessa celebrates the greatest women of country
Radio 2 also operates three other pop-up services – Radio 2 Eurovision, Radio 2 50s and BBC Music Jazz.
— Chris Country Radio (@ChrisCountry) January 26, 2017
— Radio 2 Country (@BBCR2Country) January 26, 2017