Heart ends More Music Variety slogan and logo

Heart has dropped the More Music Variety slogan the station has had for over 21 years.

The brand is using the new strapline turn up the feel good! on its website now, and on air is talking about “More feel good music”.

A tweak to the logo also means the FM frequencies are now shown in a smaller font.

The More Music Variety was challenged by a listener in 2012, who said it was misleading because the network wasn’t offering variety in its music. Ofcom ruled that the complaint did not warrant investigation, telling RadioToday at the time: “The complaint questioned whether Heart played ‘more music variety’ than some other stations. We did not consider listeners were materially misled by this slogan.”

Meanwhile, in another subtle change today, owner Global has changed its Twitter handle from @thisisglobal to @global. The group has also moved its corporate website to a newly-acquired domain at www.global.com. Companies house records show that last week the company changed its name from This is Global Limited to Global Media & Entertainment Limited.

Posted on Monday, February 13th, 2017 at 12:30 pm by RadioToday

You might also like

1. Tony McQue on Facebook says

I think the presenters on Heart are on the whole great but I cannot stand the constant same tunes on repeat, there is only so much a man can take of Lionel Richie – All night long. Maybe that is why they are losing the ‘more music variety’ slogan..

1. Scott Peacock on Facebook says

That true, especially the station has millions listeners a weeks, the majority listeners who hates heart. Must realise music and Radio industry can’t stand still, ILR Radio died years ago and times have changed.

2. Craig Steele on Facebook says

I haven’t listened to Heart since they took over stations, but can people sue Global if anyone listens and doesn’t feel good?

1. Scott Peacock on Facebook says

I would have sued Matthew Bannister for ruining BBC Radio 1 and sacking all the best Disc jockeys, but back in the 90’s, considering there were no windows live or Internet back then, I’m glad I didn’t, because I would made myself look a fool considering music industry and Radio has to move with the times

2. Andy Fear on Facebook says

If nobody sued them for the same 20 records on cycle being “variety”, i can’t see anyone getting excited enough to sue them if they don’t feel good.

3. Emyr Evans on Facebook says

At least it’s not misleading by more music variety, as there is little in the way of rock, no Biffy Clyro, no Arctic Monkeys, no Metallica, just Bon Jovi & Kings of Leon, if some of the other bands were played I would have got the more music variety

4. Emyr Evans on Facebook says

5. Emyr Evans on Facebook says

6. David Jonas on Facebook says

Feel sick if I am ever forced to have to listen to Heart. Same songs repeated every day so bloody boring.

7. David Jonas on Facebook says

8. Paul Bexfield on Facebook says

I gave up on them years ago !
    I’ve hundreds of tracks of every genre I can put on shuffle on my iPhone and thousands of radio stations to chose from on my Pure internet radio who don’t rely on the same sixty or so tracks day in day out like Fart Crapital and Smarm fm do

9. Paul Bexfield on Facebook says

I remember GWR’s tag lines better music mix and mix means variety
    They weren’t perfect by any means but at least they were LOCAL 6am to 6pm
    They also had Personality presenters who knew their areas as opposed to Z listers killing time before their next acting or singing gig
    There’s only so many times you can ask everyone to text in and tell us what you’re up to and inform us This is Heart

10. Paul Bexfield on Facebook says

I remember GWR’s tag lines better music mix and mix means variety
    They weren’t perfect by any means but at least they were LOCAL 6am to 6pm

11. Oliver Ing on Facebook says

I’m not convinced about the smaller station FM numbers. It just doesn’t look right on a design point of view.

1. Scott Peacock on Facebook says

Who listen to Fm these days, Dab and online Radio is the future,Also please don’t give that crap about Dab being rubbish because it is in Mono, I notices Heart on Fm is in Mono too considering being in low power.

2. Oliver Ing on Facebook says

Scott Peacock I didn’t, I just said that I didn’t like the design of the numbers being small. Also, I’m fairly sure most of their listeners, especially at breakfast and drive, listen on FM.

3. Charlotte Peacock on Facebook says

Soon they’ll get progressively smaller and smaller – just like the localness wil and it’ll eventually be so minute they’ll find some excuse to drop it completely.

4. Charlotte Peacock on Facebook says

12. Vicky Duncalf on Facebook says

About time they came up with a strapline that fulfilled a promise to the listener (as all good straplines should)

Radio stations that promise a somewhat ambiguous and vapid ‘The Best Music Mix of More Music Variety’ etc are missing a huge chance to connect with their audience. Turn up the Feel Good actually says something. Well done

13. Richard Thompson on Facebook says

I can’t stand the choice of tracks, but what’s even more infuriating is that I can ALWAYS receive the signal in my car 🙁

14. Richard Thompson on Facebook says

15. Tony Horton on Facebook says

How exciting can’t wait For the wife and kids to get home so I can sit them down and tell them as well, might ring my mum for now and tell her, just thinking who else I can tell? It’s the greatest news isn’t it!!! 🙄💤💤💤💤🔇

16. Gary Levine on Facebook says

Heart radio is awful. Haven’t listened since the days of real radio. I much prefer magic radio from Bauer or Thames radio.

17. Vince Parker on Facebook says

So they change that but still the same crappy songs. But so long as they make money from advertising they wont change a thing.

18. Sean Cooper on Facebook says

“Turn up the feel good as we play the same Take That, Spice Girls and Olly Murs songs as we did when we had More Music Variety – They play next, on Heart….” 🙄

19. Steve says

Absolutely awful station. How is it that you can listen to the most unlikely foreign radio stations on the internet which play a wide range of great music tracks by familiar artists. Very few jingles and ‘in your face’ banal presentation. Much better audio quality than DAB. If other countries can provide good radio for all demographics, why can’t the UK.

20. Ady says

I absolutely hate ‘Heart’ so much. Forced to listen to it at work and it makes me want to be sick, it’s that awful. So depressing, boring and bland.

1. Steve says

Same as me Ady. I worked nights in th 90s and they had Heart on all through a 12 hour shift. The repetition was dreadful everyone began to moan about the station. I persuaded them to try BBC Radio 2 which was far better in terms of more music variety. Even Absolute Radio on Medium Wave was better than Heart. We never bothered with Heart again.