Growth UK is an exciting marketing company that only works within specific sectors, including opticians and vets. We’re helping business owners all over the country to grow their profits despite the economy and competition from national chains.
We’re looking for someone with plenty of professional presenting experience to join us as a seminar / live events presenter.
What’s this role about and why would a former radio presenter be perfect?
A critical part of our marketing is explaining to business owners what they could do to grow their business, and what we could do help them.
There’s no better way to do this than through live seminars. Every week we put on 2-3 live events all over the UK for small groups of people. They’re “info-tainment”: Fun, engaging and informative events, which generate high quality sales appointments.
We need to significantly increase the number of events we do to generate more sales appointments as the business grows. And that means a full-time role presenting live events.
Our MD is a former radio presenter and journalist, and believes great seminars come from experienced presenters. You bring enthusiasm and great presenting skills; we’ll teach you the content.
What exactly will you do?
Approximately four days a week you will travel to different parts of the UK and put on short marketing seminars for small groups of people. Typically we do two seminars a day in a single location. Your fifth day is preparation.
It doesn’t matter where in the UK you are based. A key part of this role is travelling and staying away from home. You can expect to be away 3-4 nights a week.
You’ll work closely with our live events and sales team. They organise all the events and fill them with delegates. You will need to handle all of the events and present them on your own.
In time you will also start to present live webinars, and probably take part in other content creation such as filming videos.
How you’ll be measured
You will be measured by the percentage of sales appointments generated from each seminar. You know you’ve done your job properly when everyone attending the seminar happily agrees to have a sales appointment.
Don’t worry, it’s not high pressure. And we’ve been doing this a long time so know what the triggers are. You’ll get plenty of training and support to ensure you perform brilliantly.
The important things you’ll need to get this job
- Formal presenting experience
- Be personable and professional
- Highly confident presenting style. You don’t need to be the best presenter in the world, but confident enough to perform to a high level every day
- Be a reliable, well organised person. You’ll need to get yourself to the right location on time every day without anyone chasing you up
The other things you’ll need
- An entrepreneurial, switched on, open mind
- Great attention to detail
- Be a team player. A cliché we know, but there’s no room for conflict in a small team
- Loads of energy
- Piles of positivity
- In fact an all-round great attitude – you bring the attitude, and we’ll train you in any skills you’re missing
Who you’ll work with
Growth UK is a small but fast growing business with eight people on the team. You will work closely with our MD Paul, especially in your first six months in the role, plus our field sales exec Ben.
Working hours & location
The position is full-time, five days a week. Because a lot of our events start early, these will usually be weekdays 7am to 4pm, but will also include travelling time.
Our office is in Rushden, Northamptonshire (NN29 7EX) but you will spend most of your time on the road or working from home.
Salary and stuff
What, you want to be paid? Isn’t immense job satisfaction enough?
Your salary will depend on your experience, attitude and ability.
A pension will be available. And you’ll enjoy 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays).
Learn more about us
You are also welcome to arrange a phone conversation with our MD Paul Green.
How to apply
This is a very special job and requires a little work to prove you’re the perfect person for the job.
You will need to send
- Your CV
- Your current salary
- A short video (2-3 mins) of you talking about a subject you are passionate about
- It should be just you presenting direct to camera, ideally without any edits
- You will not be judged for having a crap background, low lighting or your cat sneaking up on you halfway through! Just use your phone and keep it rough and ready. We’re just interested in seeing your presenting skills not your Hollywood production skills
- Please send this as a YouTube or similar link rather than emailing a massive file to us and blowing up our email.
Send these to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 31st May. Paul will acknowledge receipt of your email.
You should also email Paul if you have any questions.