Evans calls the fire brigade

Three fire engines were called to Broadcasting House yesterday after BBC Radio 2 drivetime presenter Chris Evans accidentally blew up a microwave at the station. He decided just before his show at 5pm to cook a potato, letting it bake for longer than advised.

He told the Mirror: "I'd like to dedicate this show to Euston fire brigade. Someone here, who shall remain nameless, caused them to be called out after they got the timings wrong for cooking a baked potato.

"I didn't think it would end up with fireman all over the third floor of the BBC. I'm very sorry," he said.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Similar Stories
buy metformin metformin online