6 Music will broadcast a season called Loud and Proud – three weeks of special shows, guest presenters and mixes, which will celebrate LGBTQ+ voices.
Loud and Proud will broadcast from Monday 31st May to Sunday 20th June.
Camilla Pia, Assistant Commissioner, BBC Radio 6 Music says: “I’m thrilled that 6 Music is supporting and shining a light on the LGBTQ+ community during the globally recognised month of Pride.
“Our Loud and Proud season will celebrate alternative voices from a variety of scenes and genres beyond the mainstream. It’s going to be iconic!”
Season highlights include:
- A Deep Dive Into Ballroom – a documentary presented by Jay Jay Revlon, celebrating Ballroom culture, past and present
- Guest presenters and mixes from artists including Ezra Furman, John Grant, Sleater-Kinney, Bimini, Queer House Party and Arca
- A day of LGBTQ+ artists including Elkka, DJ Paulette, Rostam and Skunk Anansie’s Skin, celebrating others who have inspired them, from 5am-7pm on Friday 4th June
- 6 Music Artist Collections (Tuesdays, 12am-5am) dedicated to Courtney Barnett, St. Vincent, Kae Tempest, Janelle Monae and Pet Shop Boys, throughout the month
- A new 6 Music Artist in Residence series, presented by Mykki Blanco