Former athlete Jeanette Kwakye is to host the afternoon show on BBC Radio London, while Eddie Nestor MBE will present a new mid-morning programme.
There’ll also be new programmes for Radio London presenters Robert Elms and Jo Good in the latest line-up changes at the station.
Executive Editor for BBC Radio London, Sara David said: “London is the best capital city in the world, with 32 boroughs full of different communities who all share a London identity and a love of the city.
“With many local commercial stations becoming national networks, London needs a truly local station that tells the stories of this fascinating place and reflects all of London life.
“This refresh is designed at doing that; becoming the local station London really needs.”
Jeanette Kwakye MBE says: “I am so happy to be presenting afternoons on BBC Radio London. I love this radio station and I’m so excited to be with the listeners all afternoon delivering the best music, news and topical conversations from across our glorious city! I can’t wait to get stuck in.”
Eddie Nestor MBE says, “Get ready London because I’m coming to take over your mid-mornings Monday to Thursday! I can’t wait to bring the biggest London guests and stories and brighten everyone’s day “
The changes will see some presenters moving shows:
- Eddie Nestor MBE will be taking over midmorning daytime show from 10am – 2pm Mondays to Thursdays.
- Robert Elms will present midmorning across the weekend on Friday to Sunday.
- Jo Good who will now present the late show from 10pm -1am Monday to Thursdays. Jo will also present the 3pm – 6pm show on Sundays as well.
- Former GB Olympic athlete and well know sports broadcaster Jeanette Kwakye MBE will present afternoons Monday – Thursday 2pm-6pm.
- Salma El Wardany will present the same show on Fridays and there will be a new daily weekday sports show from 6pm to 8pm.
- On Fridays the ‘Late’ show will be presented by poet and international Spoken Word performer Lion Heart.
- Tony Blackburn will continue to present the Sunday Soul show 6pm – 7pm and Dotun Adebayo MBE will return to Sundays from 7pm – 10pm.
- BBC Radio London’s new schedule starts on Monday 13 September.
New full schedule weekdays
Monday – Friday: 05.00-07.00am Early Breakfast with Jason Rosam
Monday – Friday: 07.00-10.00am Breakfast Vanessa Feltz
Monday – Thursday: 10.00am-2.00pm Eddie Nestor / Fridays Robert Elms 10.00am – 2.00pm
Monday – Thursday: 2.00-6.00pm Jeanette Kwakye / Fridays Salma El Wardany 2.00 –6.00pm
Monday – Friday 6.00-8.00pm The Sports show
Monday – Friday 8.00-10.00pm The Scene
Monday – Thursday 10.00pm – 01.00 am Jo Good / Fridays LionHeart 10.00pm – 01.00am
Saturdays 05.00am – 07.00am Claira Hermet
Saturdays 07.00-10.00am Carrie and David Grant
Saturdays 10.00-1.00pm Robert Elms
Saturdays 1.00-2.00pm Women’s Sports Show
Saturdays 2.00-6.00pm Sport
Saturdays 6.00-8.00 pm Gary Crowley
Saturdays 8.00-10.00pm Introducing Jess Iszatt
Saturdays 10.00pm – 01.00 am Sunny & Shay
Sundays 0500-0600 Claira Hermet
Sundays 06.00-09.00am Inspirit with Jumoke Fashola
Sundays 09.00am– 12.00pm Robert Elms
Sundays 12.00-3.00 pm Gaby Roslin
Sundays 3.00-6.00pm Jo Good
Sundays 6.00-7.00pm Tony Blackburn with Soul on Sunday
Sundays 7.00-10.00pm with Dotun Adebayo
Sundays 10.00pm – 01.00am with Sunny & Shay