The entry deadline for the 2022 Commercial Radio News Awards in association with IRN and Sky News has been extended.
You now have until 5pm on Friday 13th May 2022 to get your submissions in so you have just over one week to pull together your best work from 2021.
There are 12 categories available:
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations over 1.5M TSA)
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations under 1.5M TSA)
- Best News Story or Coverage – new for 2022
- Best News Special or Campaign – new for 2022
- Reporter of the Year (over 1.5M TSA)
- Reporter of the Year (under 1.5M TSA)
- Newsreader of the Year (over 1.5M TSA)
- Newsreader of the Year (under 1.5M TSA)
- Best Interview
- Best Sports Coverage
- Newcomer of the Year
- Student Journalist of the Year – supported by the BJTC
The IRN Gold Award will also be presented to an outstanding individual judged to be worthy of recognition for a consistently high contribution to news and/or sport in UK commercial radio. This category cannot be entered but suggestions for recipients can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ceremony itself is scheduled to take place on Thursday 7th July with more details at irnawards.co.uk.