All BBC local radio stations will broadcast a specially commissioned programme with Kylie Minogue this Christmas thanking BBC Make a Difference Award winners for their acts of bravery and selflessness.
Make a Difference – Keeping the Faith at Christmas – will look at kindness, giving, events, music and faith that really Make a Difference to people.
The winners were presented with their accolades at ceremonies across England and some of these people get to meet Kylie Minogue and tell her about their stories of courage and bravery.
Kylie’s slot will be airing on Tuesday 26th Dec (Boxing Day) 9am-10am.
The feature also hears from singers James Blunt and Rick Astley who will meet winners to hear their stories.
Chris Burns, Controller Local Audio Commissioning for England said: “We’ve heard some amazingly inspiring stories on all our 39 local BBC radio stations about remarkable people doing extraordinary things for others in our communities and we want to share their stories across our local radio stations throughout the festive period. Make a Difference is all about changing lives of others for the better.”
Other programming across Local BBC Radio this festive December:
- On Christmas Eve at Midnight, an hour special of the Make a Difference – Keeping the Faith at Christmas, A Journey of Faiths from around the UK including a Christmas visit to the Military Gospel Choir presented by Louise Hulland from BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
- On Christmas Morning at 6am, more from the Keeping the Faith at Christmas again followed by the Christmas Day service at 7am – 7.30am. The Rev Geoff Eze Vicar of All Saints Church, in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent leads the service on Christmas Sunday morning across all stations. As part of the service Glen Scrivener will deliver the Christmas Morning Message.
- From 2pm on Christmas Day, BBC presenter Simone Riley has live updates from families and homes around the UK to hear how Christmas Day is being celebrated across the UK.
- From 6pm Christmas Day, Gagan Grewal presents BBC Local Radio’s exploration into our communities that don’t celebrate Christmas or that mark the holiday in different ways.
- On Wednesday 27th December 9am -10am, there’s a special Make a Difference Awards special with singer James Blunt, which will be repeated between 21.00 -22.00.
- On Thursday 28th December 9am – 10am, Rick Astley thanks winners of the Make a Difference Awards across England.
- Then on Friday 29th December 9am -10am, it’s time for a Best of the Make a Difference Award Winners special.