BBC Radio Solent pulls last episode of Stereo Underground without explanation

BBC Radio Solent failed to broadcast its final episode of Stereo Underground this week without explanation.

The station dropped the long-running show recently saying it didn’t fit in with a new schedule, even though it survived programming and personnel cuts around the BBC local radio network.

The specialist music show, hosted by Richard Latto, was even recommissioned last year and moved to a new slot.

The final BBC version of the show was expected last night (Wednesday 31st January) but was replaced with pre-recorded programmes without any notice or explanation from the corporation.

When asked why, a BBC spokesperson avoided the question and told RadioToday: “We were unable to broadcast Stereo Underground this week. It was replaced with pre-recorded programmes.”

A note on the Stereo Underground website says: “BBC Local Radio’s most downloaded show is celebrating ten successful years by expanding online to a new home for loyal listeners at StereoUnderground.co.uk.”

A post on social media adds: “Thank you for all the messages. I will be doing a MixCloud #stereounderground this weekend, playing all the tracks I had lined up for last night. Thanks for all your ongoing support.”

It will be available on online going forward and is available for syndication.

Forest FM in east Dorset is one of the first stations in the Radio Solent patch signed up to take the show.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Similar Stories
buy metformin metformin online