Mel Greig files claim against employers

One of the Australian presenters who made the Royal prank call last year has filed a claim with the Fair Work Commission accusing SCA of not providing a safe workplace.

Greig’s lawyers Slater & Gordon are speaking on her behalf. Steven Lewis from the company said in a statement:

389226-mel-greig-and-michae (1)“I can confirm that a general protections application has been filed with Fair Work Australia on behalf of Mel Greig against Southern Cross.

The application alleges Southern Cross Austereo failed to maintain a safe workplace. The matter will proceed to confidential conciliation under the Fair Work Act.

Ms Greig continues to be employed by Southern Cross Austereo. Ms Greig will not be making any comments on this matter.”

SCA and Greig will look to meet and confidentially try and resolve the claim. If they are unable to do so it may proceed to the courts.

Back in February SCA said they were looking forward to welcoming Mel Greig back “when the time is right” but that “she hasn’t given any indication that she is ready to return,” said a spokesperson at the time.

This article was first published on RadioToday.com.au

Posted on Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 at 4:38 pm by RadioToday

You might also like

Comments are closed.