Kyle and Jackie O leave 2DayFM Breakfast

Popular Australia breakfast show hosts Kyle & Jackie O have announced they will not be returning to 2Day FM in 2014.

After more than a decade on air, Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O are leaving the station having spent over six years at number one with 50 surveys in a row. They leave after reaching a “mutual decision” with station bosses.

But the show has not been without its headlines. During one show a 14-year-old was connected to a lie detector and said she had been raped when she was 12 when she was being quizzed about her sex life.

“Right, is that the only experience you’ve had?” Kyle replied. He was suspended but later reinstated.

Southern Cross Austereo Head of Content Craig Bruce said: “We’re proud that Kyle and Jackie have not only given Sydney radio audiences the most entertaining radio show ever, they have also raised millions of dollars for charities and those in need whilst also enthralling listeners with the world’s hottest music artists and exclusive interviews with famous Hollywood celebrities.

“They have certainly lived up to their show mantra ‘Breakfast with the Stars’! None of which could have happened without the strong and dedicated team working hard behind the scenes”.

SCA say this is a mutual decision in consultation with Kyle, Jackie and 2Day FM and their last show will be on November 29th. The company says their focus will now turn towards developing a fantastic new show for 2014 with further announcements soon.

See more at: http://radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/3645-kyle-a-jackie-o-quit.html

Posted on Friday, November 1st, 2013 at 1:24 am by RadioToday

You might also like

Comments are closed.