Round-up of April Fool’s Day jokes on radio
Each year radio stations and presenters try their best to convince listeners a fake story or two is true before lunchtime.
Today, for April Fool’s Day 2015, here’s some of the ones we’ve noticed. Let us know of any more and we’ll update throughout the day.
- Jay Curtis on Radio Carmarthenshire, Scarlet FM and Radio Ceredigion announced that Disney and Seaworld Florida would be investing millions to build Europe’s newest attraction at The National Botanic Garden of Wales.
- Cool FM went country for a while to fool listeners into thinking the station was changing format. It took the opportunity to cross-promote Downtown Country as well!
- Dubai 92 also went country for the morning, saying the station was changing format
- Forth 1 announced Edinburgh Airport was changing its name to Ian Rankin International Airport
- Classic FM fooled listeners by having John Suchet’s brother David Suchet host the morning show as John!
- Clyde 1 said Glasgow City Chambers would be turned into a Casino!
- Heart West Midlands said a motorway rebrand was coming with the H6!
- Heart North West told listeners a new Trolley Tax means shoppers had to pay £1 per 15 minutes of shopping to use a trolley
- Hallam FM had Olly Murs ring a fan, pretending to be from the Box Office, saying her ticket was cancelled
- BBC Radio 1 announced the new Eyes Player with cameras in presenters eyes!
- Angel Radio told listeners they had to cut down on the number of hours they listened due to too many listeners!
- Cotswold FM said Elbow had been asked to record a new theme tune for Coronation Street to attract younger viewers!
- Dee 106.3 said a local businesswoman was setting up Chester’s first Naturist day for shoppers!
- Dave Gould at Radio Plymouth said he bought a 1980s Marathon Bar from eBay with the best before date of June 1983 and pretended to eat it live on air!
- BFBS Catterick told listeners free TVs were available at the studios due to surplus equipment being relocated from Germany!
- Tay FM’s Stuart and Erin made up a story that a wind turbine was to be built at the top of Dundee Law!
— H6 Hyperway (@H6Hyperway) April 1, 2015
Let us know what you did – email@example.com!