Emma Bunton takes a break from Heart Breakfast

Heart Breakfast co-presenter Emma Bunton has announced she will be stepping down from the daily show whilst on tour with the Spice Girls next year.

On the programme this morning (Monday), Emma confirmed said she won’t be on the programme next year to focus on the reunion tour, her family and other exciting projects, saying it was the hardest thing she’s ever had to do.

Emma will still be on-air each Sunday evening from 7pm till 10pm as normal across the Heart network.

Her work on Heart began in 2009 when she was a guest co-host with Jamie, before hosting a weekend show. Maternity cover was provided by Emma for Harriet Scott in 2011 before she went full time in 2013.

Emma Bunton: “Wow. What an awesome five years I’ve had presenting Heart Breakfast with the incredible Jamie Theakston. I can truthfully say that I’ve laughed my head off every single day.

“It’s with a heavy heart that I say farewell to Heart Breakfast listeners, but I’m hoping some of them will be able to join me for my Sunday show. Plus, Jamie’s made me promise to call-in to him on the breakfast show with ‘Spice-y news’ and other updates, which of course I will! It has been an enormous pleasure to work with such a lovely bunch of people on breakfast, but I won’t be far away and will remain a firm part of the Heart and Global family!”

Emma’s last breakfast show will be on Friday 14th December from 6am – 9am.

No replacement details have been announced so far.

1. ciaran flavin says

I only ocassionally listen but I enjoy listening to Emma.
    She will be still on Sundays , so thats good.

2. Mike Rose says

Just in time for when this breakfast show goes national on FM?

1. mb23 says

Global have delayed a decision on this until after the new year.

1. Mike Rose says

or maybe they’ve decided and don’t want to ruin anyone’s Christmas

3. Sarah Clifford says

Heart radio is going and emma is good but we need music from the 70s and 80s as well it is national radio station.

1. Sarah Clifford says

Heart radio is good Emma is good but we need different music we need to bring back 70s and 80s music but not just the same songs. Me and my friends get bored with the same songs from the 90s and 00s

2. Sarah Clifford says

Heart radio needs a change of direction. Emma is good but we need different music we need to bring back 70s and 80s music but not just the same songs. Me and my friends get bored with the same songs from the 90s and 00s

4. Radio Geordie says

You do have to question the rationality of having pop star presenters as they’re always going to be buggering off on tours. The fact she’s off on tour tells you that she’s obviously not getting paid enough by Global.