Entries are now open for the seventh national Community Radio Awards, sponsored by PlayoutONE, and the submission deadline is the 30th of June.
This year there are two changes to the awards now that DAB Community Stations have launched (via C-DSP licenses).
They are fully entitled to enter the awards, and there is also a special category to mark how community stations have responded post COVID with the rebuilding of their communities and themselves.
Martin Steers, awards Founder and Chair, said: “It’s great to be gearing up to open the seventh community radio awards, it doesn’t seem that long ago that we were celebrating last year’s winners at our face-to-face awards in Coventry and here we go again!
“As ever it’s always exciting to see the fantastic range of submissions from across the sector, we cannot wait to start receiving them.
“We are also proud to be expanding the awards as we look forward to seeing the sector growing digitally.”
The deadline for this year’s Honours, the separate awards to honour those who have made an outstanding contribution to community radio is also the 30th of June, and details can be found here
The judging panel is made up of more than 70 volunteers from charities, community radio, commercial radio, and BBC radio, who give their time to help recognise and reward our sector.
- Station of the Year – Sponsored by PlayoutOne
- Community Development Project – Sponsored by UK Community Radio Network
- Digital or RSL Station Of The Year
- Male Presenter
- Female Presenter
- Community Show
- Live Event or Outside Broadcast – Sponsored by In:Quality
- Entertainment Show
- Arts & Creative Radio
- Speech & Journalism
- Specialist Music Show
- Sports Show
- Young Person (Under 25)
- Sage Person (Over 60)
- Newcomer (new to radio in last 12 months) – Sponsored by The Radio Hub
- Innovation Award – Sponsored by Hippynet
- Podcast – Sponsored by AutoPod
- Covid and Community Rebuild