Former Century and Wish FM presenter Tony Horne has left community broadcaster Rossendale Radio, with both parties issuing statements about the change.
Tony has presented the breakfast show on the station since its launch in December 2018 and was also a director of the project.
In a long statement from the current board of directors, Rossendale Radio said it was currently investigating a ‘serious case of misappropriation of company funds’ and that its engagement with contractor Horney Media & Publishing Ltd had been terminated. It also acknowledged the departure of some of its volunteers.
“Due to the internal unrest,” it said. “Some valued members of the team have decided not to continue volunteering for the station. We thank them for their superb contribution to Rossendale Radio and they will be sadly missed. The door will always be open, should they decide to return to the airwaves.”
ROSSENDALE RADIO – OFFICIAL STATEMENTFirstly, we would like to thank you for supporting Rossendale Radio since we…
In a statement to RadioToday, Tony Horne said: “I can confirm that I am currently not a part of Rossendale Radio and that I have set up my own community brand Real Life Radio Rossendale which launches on Tuesday next week featuring many of the familiar voices The Valley know and love.
“I would like to thank the listeners, advertisers and industry friends who continue to support me. With the arrival of small scale DAB this is something that I have been working on for some time.
“However, I have to place distance between myself and Rossendale Radio as I have uncovered a trail of deception from the company’s inception in July 2017 right up to current defamatory remarks.
“Nor, do I recognise as legal the current ‘board of directors’.
“In time, I am confident that paperwork filed with the relevant bodies will show the individuals concerned to have acted unlawfully. I await the outcome of Ofcom’s findings in particular before commenting further and of course urge the same of others.”