Heart takes top spot in London
The Q3 Rajar results, released today, show Chrysalis?s flagship station Heart 106.2 as London?s clear No.1 commercial station by both audience reach and share.
This has been a strong survey for Chrysalis overall, with total weekly hours for Chrysalis Radio now at 53.6m, up 7% year on year.
– adds 248,000 new listeners to deliver 1.9m audience
– weekly listening hours up 28% to 14.3m quarter on quarter
– breakfast adds 163,000 new listeners, up 23% quarter on quarter
– LBC 97.3 FM station total weekly listening hours up by 36% year on year to 6.5m
– Overall LBC total weekly listening hours up 32% year on year to 8.1m
– Heart UK is the No 1 commercial ILR brand with over 3.2m listeners, up 12% year on year
Galaxy Network UK
– Galaxy Network UK is the No 1 commercial young adult radio brand with over 2.5m listeners each week, with weekly listening hours up by 11% year on year
Phil Riley, Chief Executive, Chrysalis Radio, said:
?This is an excellent set of results demonstrating not only the great appeal of the new Jamie Theakston breakfast show, but also the strength and depth across the Heart schedule.?
Richard Huntingford, Chrysalis Group Chief Executive, said: ?These results provide a very strong platform for Chrysalis Radio to resume its history of delivering industry revenue outperformance from its market-leading brands.?