Following listener complaints about content during the James Stannage Phone-in, Ofcom have fined Manchester station Key 103 for 125,000 pounds.
Listeners complained that the following broadcasts contained:
- offensive jokes and comments about the death of Kenneth Bigley (10/10/04);
- offensive references to and treatment of Muslims (19/10/04);
- alleged incitement to racial hatred (05/11/04); and
- a racist comment (23/11/04).
Also on reviewing the station?s output Ofcom was concerned about a broadcast which:
- gave undue prominence to the presenter?s views during a discussion on a matter of political controversy (10/10/04).
Click here for the full PDF document from the Ofcom website.