Heart extra turns into Heart extra Xmas

Heart extra will be playing non-stop Christmas songs for the next two months as it transforms into Heart extra Xmas.

Global’s only annual festive station is once again promising the very best feel good festive hits non-stop, 24/7.

Heart extra Xmas says it has “All the festive favourites including Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You, Wham!’s Last Christmas and Band Aid’s Do They Know it’s Christmas? will help provide the perfect soundtrack to the festive period, as the countdown to the big day starts right now.”

The service is available across the UK on DAB Digital Radio on D1 and online via Global Player.

Other Christmas stations returning this year include (former) Wireless Group’s local stations on DAB in Swansea, Bradford and Stoke from November 15th.

The group is also creating online streams in the areas it operates local stations – so there’ll be Tower Christmas, Signal 107 Christmas, Christmas Wish, Radio Wave Christmas, Peak Christmas and Wire Christmas.

Group Programme Director Terry Underhill told RadioToday: “Our festive stations guarantee to play the biggest variety of Christmas songs on the radio. We’re looking forward to sprinkling some magical Christmas cheer at the best time of the year”

RadioToday also expects a Christmas station from Bauer. Last year, Magic flipped to all-Christmas songs instead of launching an extra service.

Join our WhatsApp messaging service

To receive WhatsApp messages from RadioToday with occasional news headlines and breaking news alerts, send a WhatsApp message starting with 'Yes' to 01612621004.

Then add the number to your phone contacts as 'RadioToday' for this service to work. This is a private list and your number won't be shared with other users or organisations.

1. Morr Al says

It’s on DAB+ where I live in Scotland, it’s only the first of November. I tried to get it on my normal DAB radio, not there, put on my DAB+ yes, at 11.26 they are playing Last Christmas by Wham.

2. Lee says

Just play a Christmas songs CD on repeat without the commercials. The commercial radio stations will only be playing songs on repetative rotation anyway. UK commercial radio is just a repetative bore.

3. Nathan Pierce says

Magic better not change their entire world playlist to Christmas this year. So annoying, just add another spin-off station.

4. Ron Dobbyn says

Xmas Songs fantastic. I hope they play my favourites” I want a beatle for Xmas” by Dora Bryan ” Wreck the Halls ” by the 3 stooges, ” Leroy the redneck reindeer” by Joe Diffe, ” I want a Hippopotamus for Xmas” by Gayla Peevey, and ” Rocking around the Polling Booth ” by Boris, and Jeremy. Happy Xmas to Radio Today, and all its comment writers, and ps ” I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus” by Jimmy Boyd. Have a cool yule

1. Leftfield Lenny says

You forgot Christmas In Dreadland by Judge Dread 🤣
      But seriously, yes a pleasant change from the same old same old. Global and Bauer have no intention of adding those songs to their playlists whatsoever.

2. Almorr says

Can you think of any more Xmas election song titles, what about
      Merry election Xmas, Slade. Polling home for Xmas, Chris Rea,
      Election Through your Eyes, Gloria Estefan
      Wonderful Election Time, Paul Mccarthy and my favourite
      All I want for Brexit is you by Mariah Carey, one more, I wish it could be Brexit every day by Wizzard.

5. PC in Spain says

Just my opinion but 9th December is a good date to start Christmas music.
    Don’t alienate your audience.

1. Alan Blair says

At last someone with sense.

6. Colin Harris says

Leave Christmas music till December 1st.

7. Nathan says

No thanks we will put a CD on without the annoying adds.plus its little early to play Christmas songs.but if the listeners like it u lot enjoy me nah.

8. Chris says

Yawn! same boring Christmas songs played over and over and over………

Leave A Nice Reply

Your email address will not be published.