Capital FM breakfast team join Metro
Posted by
Capital FM breakfast team join Metro

Metro Radio has poached North East presenters Steve and Karen from 105-106 Capital FM to replace Tony Horne at breakfast.

They’ll make the move in Spring 2012 once their contract at Global Radio ends.

The news was confirmed to RadioToday.co.uk by Bauer, after much speculation on Twitter and the local press.

Metro Radio Programme Director Chris Pegg said: “Steve and Karen are extremely talented, and I have always admired their breakfast show. It’s fantastic that they are joining Metro Radio the station they grew up listening to.

“They really love the North East, having both grown up on Tyneside. Their on air chemistry and ability to deliver a locally relevant, fun based show gives me every confidence that they are the perfect fit for Metro Radio at breakfast. I can’t wait for them to start.”

Brian Moore has been covering the flagship show since Tony Horne left without explanation in July, after six years.

0 15 201 25 September, 2011 Station News Sunday, September 25th, 2011

About the author

Roy Martin is Managing Editor and Founder of RadioToday. Follow him on Twitter @roymartin.

View all articles by Roy Martin

15 comments

1. Chris4669

After a year of walking to work, I eventually had to start driving again, and was excited to get to listen to Steve and Karen again. But oh no!!!!! They are no longer in my car sharing the journey with me. I’ve tried my hardest with the new presenters but I just can’t cope……… Hurry back I need my S&K fix in the mornings

2. guest

THANK GOD just heard today roll on spring. BIG mistake by capital. Never listened to Metro for years will def be going back in the spring if not before as I’m nearly cutting my throat by time getting to work listening to Matt Bodge & Jojo they are sooooooo exciting NOT !

3. Scott And Mikey

Complete panic , its been january , with february looming AND WORSE than that steve and karen have gone!! ive searched high n low to find them, i miss the craic bad man,it sets me up for the day ,LOVE them so if they’ve moved so do ! dead happy they will return to me mournful but soon to be happy again little lugs ,you dont know what youve got til you have lost it!i think stopping smokin tabs was easier COME ON METRO LETS GO!

4. Susan Armstrong

I have been wondering where Steve & Karen got to!! Those lot on capital are crap! Can’t wait for you to be back on our airwaves and I will be tuning back to Metro Radio with imeadate effect :-)

5. Stevenharts

Can’t wait for spring. The mornings just haven’t been the same without Steve and Karen! Bring on the fun

6. Jillcaulfield

Cant wait to here steve and karen again!! Love your sense of humour, makes my ride into work more pleasurable