LBC’s general election night coverage will be presented by Iain Dale and Shelagh Fogarty in London with live on the ground updates from more than 50 battlegrounds seats.
From 9.55pm on Thursday 7th May, the pair will start ‘Britain Decides’, and will be joined by Gordon Brown’s former adviser Damian McBride and observer of the Conservative Party, Tim Montgomerie. Nick Ferrari will then take over at 5am for a special five hour breakfast show live from Westminster with guests including Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Dame Tessa Jowell and Sir Menzies Campbell.
Boris Johnson’s father Stanley, who has been one of the reporters on the LBC Battle Bus during the campaign, will give his reaction as his son finds out whether he’s won a seat at Westminster.
David Mellor and Ken Livingstone will also join the show.
The station will be live at more than 50 locations, supported by Global newsrooms around the country.
Rory Bremner will be part of the programmes, whilst LBC’s political editor Theo Usherwood will be at Westminster. Here are a few other highlights:
- LBC presenter and senior correspondent Tom Swarbrick will be with David Cameron at his seat in Witney.
- Katie Radley will be in Ed Miliband’s constituency in Doncaster.
- Alice Bailey will be in Nick Clegg’s Sheffield Hallam constituency.
- LBC’s late night presenter Ian Collins will report from Margate where Nigel Farage is hoping to gain the Thanet South seat.
- Darren Adam will be in Scotland to report on the country’s influence on the next British government.
James Rea, managing editor, LBC told RadioToday: “LBC has its best political team in action covering the battle for Number 10 – a general election that will define a generation. There’ll be sharp insight and punchy opinion from presenters, guests and of course, reactions and views from an unrivalled supporting cast – our listeners.”
Presenters, correspondents and reporters will also be tweeting, posting, pinning, vining and instagraming as the results are counted and announced.