George Galloway sacked by talkRADIO over Israel tweet

talkRADIO has terminated George Galloway’s contract following his tweet at the weekend after Liverpool beat Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final.

Not long after the final whistle on Saturday night, Mr Galloway wrote: “Congratulations to the great people of Liverpool to the memory of the socialist miner Bill Shankley to the fallen 96 to those who fought justice for them and to the Liverpool dockers. No Israel flags on the Cup!”

A News UK spokesman told RadioToday: “talkRADIO has terminated George Galloway’s weekly show with immediate effect. As a fair and balanced news provider, talkRADIO does not tolerate anti-semitic views.”

Today in a series of tweets Mr Galloway threatened the company with legal action, writing: “I’ve just been sacked by @talkRADIO See you in Court guys. #Palestine #Moats Long live Palestine.”

He added:”I’ve been given a Red Card from @talkRADIO for “over-celebrating” #Liverpool famous victory over Spurs. Not sure it’s the wisest move Mr Murdoch’s team ever made given the history and all. The Mother of All Talkshows – Unleashed- will not be silenced. Stay tuned for further details.”

Mr Galloway has been on the current talkRADIO for the last two years, joining after the 2016 Mayoral election. He does the Friday night 7-10pm slot. He had previously been on talkSPORT 2006-2012.

1. Iona says

Idiot.

2. I says

Isn’t it a shame such people still exist? Not only has he made an unforgivable mistake, but he’s also threatening with legal action! Come on…

3. Duncan says

Seems that free speech is not tolerated on Talk Radio. Can’t say I’ve ever listened to it though to be honest.

1. Simon says

There is no such thing as free speech on UK radio (minus Internet radio).

4. Alan says

Shame on you talkradio

5. ryan blair says

why is it anti- semetic – spurs are a jewish club?

6. Timothy says

It’s even more of a shame that they’re leading the Labour Party.

1. Ron Dobbyn says

Who will take over his Friday night show I wonder?

7. Ron Dobbyn says

My bookie Honest Joe Bloggs jr reckons it’s a race between Ann Widecombe( he says she has a fair chance), and John Nicholson reunited with his former co host Jane Moore. Iain Lee, Paul Ross, and Chris from Crouch End are also in the running. Barry from Watford is an outsider, as is Nigel from Temple Fortune. It should be a photo finish. I understand plans to move the show to the concourse at London Bridge may be an idea.

8. ciaran flavin says

Ridiculous to sack George Galloway for that. He has been doing a great job and should be reinstated asap.
    I might add Jason Cundy was completely out of order in bringing his Chealsea predudice to wish Spurs bad luck in the final on Talksport.
    Very unprofessional!

Idiot loses job for idiot tweet on Twitter.

Good.

10. JASON ANDREW TOPPIN says

I EAMIKED TALKRADIOOSYRINGLT\Y RECIMMENDING THAT TEY SIG THE BREAKFAST HIST FRIM ERA\RADIO 5 LIVE T TALKRADIO.

1. Bradley W says

Jason, what are you using to type? I can understand “they sign the breakfast host from BBC Radio 5 Live to TalkRadio” but the rest is….????

2. Jeff C says

75 years since D-Day and we still need the Enigma Machine for Jason’s comments.

I got lost after “I”

11. Willie Bone says

The Mother Of All Talk Shows, hosted by George Galloway was arguably one of the more competitive programmes against rival BBC Radio 5Live! TalkRADIO UK was too hasty by dropping George Galloway, who is not a bigot, but has always been a Palestian sympathiser in their struggle against the state of Israel! George’s stance is not anti-Semitic, he is simply against a state, helped founded by the very much flawed Balfour Declaration!

1. Mr Boltar says

And a state that has the square root of bugger all to do with Spurs other than the club has historically been supported by a lot of jewish people. It was clearly an anti semitic sweet to anyone with a working brain (and no I’m not jewish).