Sound Digital, the national DAB radio platform, has a slot for a new radio station. Click here for more details.

Heart breakfast producer joins Star Radio for Drivetime

Josh Lovatt, producer from the Heart Breakfast show with Kev & Ros in Cambridge, has a new job at Star Radio Cambridgeshire.

Global closed the local Heart station earlier this month, putting Josh out of work, but now he says he can’t wait to get started on his new show.

“I love playing music and having fun on the radio and that’s exactly what my new show’s going to be all about” Josh said.

“Cambridge is a brilliant city and it deserves to have a local radio station of its own. I’m made up to be able to play a key part in Star’s future success.”

The show’s expected to start in a few weeks and in a video message Josh confirms that it will be “coming soon”.

Josh worked alongside Kev & Ros for six years and in that time has abseiled down a cathedral, had his nose pierced and undertaken numerous stunts – all live on air.

His former colleague, Kev Lawrence, is joining BBC Radio Cambridgeshire to present Breakfast from July 1st.

Star broadcasts on 107.9FM in Cambridge, 107.1FM in Ely and now on 107.3FM in Saffron Walden.

1. David says

Abseiling and getting your nose pierced, that’s local radio for you.

1. Graham says

I agree! You won’t get Amanda Holden doing that!!

2. Scott says

And critics are still mourning the lost of local Heart Breakfast presenters for the national output with Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston, it too late folks radio studios has been sold and two former Heart employee from Cambridge have on moved on and I read that Ros doesn’t want to do Radio anymore, Time to accept the changes and move on folks.

3. Kathydurrandwood says

I’m sure Everyone will Miss James & Becky, Please Give Amanda and Jamie A Chance 😆

1. Kathydurrandwood says

Jamie& Amanda Well Done, Loving the Mornings, Always Cheer Me Up 😆

4. Kim hathway says

No more heart radio for me. Since the take over.. No thank you.
    I want to hear updates and weather and traffic where I live. Not London. Sorry heart.. You are now off my radar.. Unless you bring Ed. Troy and Paulina back and Julian for drive time