Tina Hobley leaves Smooth Radio’s London drive show

Smooth Radio’s drivetime presenter in London, Tina Hobley, is leaving the show after two and a half years but will keep her weekend slot.

The former Coronation Street and Holby City actor joined the station in 2013, and added the weekday 4-7pm programme in the capital in January 2017 when she replaced Anthony Davis.

Global has told RadioToday she’s leaving the daily show in mid-July to spend more time with her children, but will remain on the Sunday 10am-2pm slot across the Smooth network.

Tina Hobley said: “I’ve loved my years on Drive and I’m proud to still be part of the Global family with my Sunday show, but the time has come to spend a bit more time with the kids as they go up to big school and return to some acting projects.”

A Global spokesperson told RadioToday: “After two-and-a-half years presenting The Smooth Drive Home in London, Tina Hobley has decided to step down from presenting the weekday show to spend more time with her young family. Tina will remain firmly part of the Smooth team by continuing to host her Sunday show across the Smooth network. Since she joined Smooth six years ago, she has become one of our most popular presenters and we’re delighted that she still remains part of the Global family.”

A replacement for Tina on the 102.2FM drive show hasn’t yet been announced. Further changes to the Smooth line-ups around the UK are expected later this year, with a reduction in local/regional hours likely as a result of Ofcom’s revised localness guidelines.

1. Colin Williams says

In the current climate there will be no shortage of applicants.

2. Will says

At this point I predict Darren Parks to be doing national breakfast. He was on the network over Christmas and possibly trialling over the network and it would be smart with Darren being the biggest commercial station outside of london. And for Drive in London I could see Charlie Jordan I have seen her cover for her many times.

3. Kish says

I reckon Gary King will move to drive as he was already interim taking over from Russ so maybe a new presenter for Smooth Breakfast? If not then a change in the schedule seems likely – if so I’d like to see either Martin Collins or Danny Pietroni take on breakfast or drive.

4. Mike Rose says

Neil Fox? / Tony Dibbin? / Toby Anstis? / David Andrews?…and so the guessing goes on.

5. ciaran says

I havent heard Tina, I will before she leaver. Eamonn Kelly is my choice as replacement. He is underated. Martin Collins is great on evenings and I hope Tony Dibben gets a slot soon. Dont know why he is leaving gold breakfast unless they are going 24 hour non stop music

1. Martin Smith says

It has been announced that Angie Greaves is going to present the Smooth Drive-time show from the autumn (yet another ex magic DJs on Smooth

I’m sure there is another z-list celebrity ex-soap star already lined-up.